Monday, November 07, 2011

I am shameless when it comes to something this important!

Whenever I post about the Vision Walk on my blog, it gets so quiet that I can practically here the birds chirping!  If you think that I go on too much here then you should see my on Facebook.  I am relentless!

The bottom line is that it is my mission in life to raise awareness and money for the Foundation Fighting Blindness so that there will be advances in the science that will save my daughter's vision.  I am one minded towards this end...I am forward...I am brazen...and yes, I am shameless!  You would be too, if your child had such a diagnosis.

I do not want my daughter to have to face a life of navigating in the dark.  I don't want her to have it that much tougher than everyone else.  If I can do anything to stop it from happening then I will.

Please help me with this.  If you have been a long time reader of my blog or are someone new, I ask that you donate any little bit that you can on behalf of the this precious little girl and the over 10 million people who are also in the same boat! $1, $5, $10 or anything at all will help our cause.  Even the change in your pocket will make a difference.

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." 
~ Helen Keller

Once again, to learn more about our Vision Walk and our goal please link to:






2 comments:

Kim C said...

Lori,

The link is not live!

Kim C said...

Shout it loud and proud honey. There is no such thing as shameless when it comes to our children. I know we would all do the same in your shoes.

Wish you didn't have to deal with this, but if anyone can effect a change, it is you. You are an awesome mama and an inspiring role model.
Glad you are on my team, and you know I am always on Team Katie Starr!