Monday, November 28, 2005

Hurricane Season is following me!

It's true...Marc and I went on our annual Disc Jockey Cruise before Thanksgiving. This one went to the Western Caribbean. It had two scheduled port stops (Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica). Unfortunately Tropical Storm Gamma followed us (do I sound paranoid?) to Jamaica and we were not able to dock because the seas were too rough. Then we spent the next day and a half trying to sail to a calmer area. Needless to say that there were a lot of sick people. Thankfully Marc and I have great sea legs and were not sick. We still had a great time. How could we not have one since we were with a group of 100 people.

We spent a pretty quiet Thanksgiving with both sets of folks and Justin. Unfortunately, Marc's Uncle was sick again and had to be hospitalized the day after so we have spent the last few days tending to him.

Finally, on the breaking news front: Note*** this is not for the squeamish*** I get a frantic call from Justin last night. You see he works part time at the Hat Shack. They custom embroider hats there and Justin was doing just that when he made a false move and the needle went straight through his finger. He had someone at the store remove it from his finger. I called his girlfriend Judy and told her frantically what had happened. She ran over there and brought him to the emergency room. Thankfully, when the needle went in it was diverted by the bone instead of chipping it or breaking it. He had a hole clear through his finger. Of course I was a wreck all evening waiting to hear that the doctor had attended to him in the emergency room. As my people say....OH VEY!!

4 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Ewwwww, YUCK!! Glad he's fine, though!

Lisa~~ said...

I got squemish and can't read the rest of the post...so hope Justin is doing OK.

Do me a favor, and always post where you will be traveling during hurricane season. That way I can make my plans accordingly and be sure to have good weather ;-)

Monica said...

OY VEY is right Lori! Glad to hear that Justin is ok. Sorry to hear about those "little black clouds" following you everywhere. Hopefully this is the end of that for you. If not can you let us know if you are heading to NY so we can take cover! :D

Monica
Mei Dreams

M3 said...

OK I think you guys must be like lightning rods only you're used to attract hurricanes instead. :-) Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

The needle/finger thing? Ewwwwwww. Hope he's better, couldn't read the rest of the paragraph.