Monday, October 08, 2007

A Plea for Help from My Best Friend Kira


Please read the following story and please find it in your heart to contibute any amount of money that you can (no amount is too small) Kira is a wonderful woman and her family is in desperate need for this young cousin.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,
Lori





Please help Darwin gets his much needed operation.About 3 weeks ago, my cousin's 7 year old son, Darwin Fuentes, was hit by a car on his way to school. The driver was driving under the influence of drugs. Thankfully, he survived the impact, but both his legs suffered many fractures. A cast was placed on both his legs and the family was told that he would recuperate within 8 to 10 weeks. A follow up visit was made to the doctor about 2 weeks later and it turns out that his bones are not healing properly and he would need to be operated on by an orthopedic surgeon in order for his legs to heal properly. They live in Guatemala and unfortunately there is no recourse against the driver nor is there any insurance or public service hospital that would take care of this child. The family has 3 other children to care for and has very low financial resources. The surgery will cost Q.20,000, which is about $3,000 dollars. It was very sad to get a call from my cousin, pleading for me to help them. Please, can you give $5, $10, $20, $50 to Darwin??? THIS CHILD needs this surgery as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your generosity.

2 comments:

Stacey T. said...

I just sent a little something, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. The process is really easy and took less then 2 minutes!! I hope that little Darwin gets all the money he needs SOON!

Tammie said...

I've been trying for a few days to get in to the site so I can make a donation for Kira's cousin. The site is blocked. Do you know another way in? I'd love to be able to help.