Saturday, January 01, 2011

I am back

Happy New Year! I have taken a bit of a break; mostly because I was pretty burnt and the last thing that you need to do when you are burnt is just one more thing. That "one more thing" among others was blogging.

I now need to get back into my normal rhythm; which includes blogging. I have always loved my blog...it has been such an outlet for me. My photography is also a creative outlet for me. I decided to do a 365 Blog and post a pic each day beginning today. You can find my photography blog here.

Quick update;

I have a new job.

The DD are doing well. Our holiday season was wonderful and they are doing well in school.

The bigs (Justin and Judy) are in the process of purchasing their first home with my help as a real estate agent.

Katie's eyesight is stable at this time. Our Vision Walk was a major success. We raised more money than any South Florida Team has ever raised. Over $13,000.00 and still counting!! The Foundation was blown away by our success but really, who would not want to help a 5 year old little girl who is losing her eyesight?  They have now asked us to allow Katie to be the face of their national membership fundraising campaign for 2011. We are so proud that our amazing little girl will help the Foundation Fighting Blindness to raise awareness and money so that treatments and/or a cure can be found.

2010 was a very stressful and difficult year in for our family.  Not just because of Katie's diagnosis but for many other reasons, most of which are financial.  So many of us are in the same boat, so I know that you get it!

I will write more soon about her and this journey we are on with her but in the meantime I am here to report that we are taking it a day at a time and we know that we will deal with all of this together as a family. That is all that matters.

May 2011 be good to all of us.  I am going to take matters in my own hands and try hard to make it so.  I am going to pursue my passions more frequently and  I am going to be better to my body, mind and soul.

Thank you for continuing to follow along.  It means more than you will ever know......

8 comments:

Tammie said...

Glad to have you back in BlogLand Lori!

Lesa said...

I'm happy to see you working on the blog again.
Now,I need to do the same.... I've been so bad! Facebook is so easy.lol

Lisa D. said...

love the blogs lori! you have a beautiful family! happy new years to you and yours :)

PletcherFamily said...

Congrats on your FFB fundraising and VisionWalk - amazing!

We5Chois said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2011, may it be your year!

Missed you so much, but you are always close in my heart.

Hugs to everyone.

RamblingMother said...

Yes I like you am glad to see 2010 go. Hopefully and praying we will have a great 2011. Congrats on the fund raising and your new job. Maybe you should work for the foundation in fund raising.

Mary McG in TN said...

So glad that you are back! This past year has been rough on lots of people. Do not feel alone in the struggle with everyday life. People are praying for you and others, also.

Vivian M said...

A positive attitude can move mountains...as you have demonstrated over and over again. I love your 2011 goals! Happy New Year. May 2011 be a better year for us all.