Thursday, March 09, 2006

I don't think we would do well in Vegas these days.....

Well folks, even though the odds were in our favor we have again not received a referral in the newest package of 38 that were found. We both were very sad but we do have a small silver lining.

In China when a child is abandoned the authorities place an ad in a local newspaper in most provinces. This is usually the earliest photo taken of the baby. There are a couple of services that search archives of these records for adoptive families and you can purchase this picture which is referred to as a finding ad. It usually takes about a month to hear word back as to whether there is an ad for your child. Some do not have them or sometimes they cannot locate them. When I received Katie's information I immediately placed an order for that ad. Well last night I found out that Brian Stuy, the owner of
Research China heard about our situation and offered the families a very quick turn around on the photo. Last night he called me from China to tell me that he found Katie's ad and sent it to me by 5:00 am. I was very moved that he would do this for us. Because the quality of this photo is very poor until they digitally enhance it Marc and I made the decision to wait and see if the referral photo came in today. If it did not then we would look at the finding ad. After we receieved the bad news and we composed ourselves we looked at the photo. We both fell in love. The image is poor but our Katie is beautiful. I am not going to be able to post it here as it just would never come through properly. I cannot wait to be able to proudly introduce Katie Starr HongShan Weinstock to all of you.

10 comments:

Monica said...

Lori,

You just brought tears to my eyes, I am so happy that you & Marc have been able to see Katie Starr's face. I am praying that they find your referral package soon.


Monica

Eliza2006 said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see a pic!

Tiffany

Aimee said...

The waiting must be hard...who would have thought the referrals would get lost? Glad you have a beautiful face to go with the name.

Trixie said...

This is just crazy nonsense! Someone needs to find that packet. Seriously they need to start combing the plane it was flown in on and every bundle that went out the door. {can you tell that I have been looking recently for a lost item} Arggg. You are so lucky that Brian could help. I like his site a lot and think it was so kind of him to jump in like that...Thumbs up! Now if we could only ease the burden that the rest of those parents must be feeling!

Anonymous said...

Lori & Marc - Katie is adorable, I can't wait to hold her in my arms. We are so excited to have a new member in our family. Aunt Jane, Uncle Steve and Cousin Sam!

Rhonda said...

Lori,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Your attitude is so inspiring. Hang on!

M3 said...

Lori I'm so sorry they didn't find your package yet. Good grief, this is just torture for you guys. Glad you did get a copy of the finding ad picture though, so at least you have a hint of what she looks like.

Hoping they find the package soon!!!

Jane said...

I love that finding ad of Katie Starr Hongshan!
If you click on the large size and stand back a few feet she comes into very clear focus. She has the most beautiful eyes. The windows of the soul...
We're keeping you in our thoughts every minute until your referral is in, cookie!
Love,
Toby Charlie, Emily and Carly

Angel said...

Lori, I can't wait to see Katie's referral picture.

Let me tell all of you readers...I saw the finding ad and she is beautiful!!!!!

love ya,
Angel

Stacey T. said...

Can the suspense actually kill a person????? I think so!!! Can't wait to see that little Katie Starr!!!!!!!