Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Scenes from a Play Date

I find that it is very difficult to find friends who are mothers at this stage of my life. I have lived both ends of the spectrum. I was once the youngest mother at the PTA meetings. Now I should be the oldest. All of my girlfriends with the exception of the ones that I have made through this adoption journey all have raised their children already or have not had children. Thankfully, these friends are wonderful and still are a huge part of my life. I do try to seek out other mothers though that have children around the same age as Katie Starr for the all important "Play date". Katie was on a "play date" this past Monday with her new friend Nina Sophia. Her mom works with me and is a lovely woman. The date was a success!!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

It looks like Katie Starr & Nina Sophia had a nice day playing in the sun. They're just so cute together.

I totally understand about the oldest mother in the group thing not that I like it either.