Monday, May 21, 2007

A Fun Adult Weekend

I had an fun and relaxing weekend and there were no children involved; that is where the relaxing part came in.

My sister was in Florida for business so on Friday I took the 3 hour drive to where she was staying to spend the night with her. My doll of a husband took care of our girl. My sister Jane who is awesome fun was at a convention and many of her co workers and associates who are also friends joined us for the evening. They also know how to have a good time so needless to say we had a blast!! I came home the following day and regrouped as Marc and I were going away to a resort in Marco Island on Sunday morning. This was a birthday gift from Marc and Justin as Justin said he would take two days off of work to watch Katie Starr for us and Marc made all of the plans at the resort for us and scheduled a spa day for me. We had so much fun just being a couple which we have not done in the year that we have been back from China. We ate, drank, went to the beach, went to the spa and slept...heaven!! Katie did beautifully with her big brother and saw her Nana and Papa as well so she hardly missed us. When we got home though she was beyond thrilled and we had a wonderful reunion with her.

A huge thank you to the men in my life for providing such a wonderful weekend. I love you both so very much!

Here is a fun video from just before we left. It is Katie's impersonation of a lion. She kinda looks like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz...too funny!!


3 comments:

Tammie said...

I don't know who did a better lion - Katie Starr or Justin. Too cute!

Your weekend sounds wonderful! Fun with Jane & couple time with Marc. Way to go!

dawn said...

A grown up weekend.....what a wonderful treat. So glad you guys had a lovely time it sounded heavenly.

Your little lion is priceless

Nikki said...

Your weekend sounds just wonderful!
Glad you got some fun adult time...so nice once in awhile.

love Katie's lion impression, and I'm sure she had a blast with Justin while you were gone -- you can tell how crazy they are about each other.