Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Getting Ready for Little Brother

Making Room for Her Little Brother in the Double Stroller


Hmmmmm; maybe not quite yet :)

We are all getting ready for Ethan and our living room and dining room have turned into the staging area for travel related paraphernalia. We are starting to talk to our Starr daily about her little brother so that hopefully the shock of an instant sibling her own age is not too great. Right now she tells us that she will share with her brother and that she loves him. We cannot wait to see how it all plays out.


We received our itinerary and we will be receiving our sweet boy on 10/29 at 11:30 am. Ten months and one day from the day that we accepted his referral but who's counting..LOL.

I have to admit that I am a bit melancholy as we spend these last few weeks alone with our sweet girl. I know that having Ethan join and complete our family is going to be a wonderful thing for all of us but change can be tough and I know that the first few weeks and months home lots of adjustments will need to be made.

Soon we will be a family of five and as my friend Tammie pointed out I will need to change the name of my blog from Three and a High Chair to something else. How do you all like Diapers and Depends? ;-)

11 comments:

Diana said...

Ok..you made me laugh out loud at your idea for you new Blog name!!
How about 3 and 2 highchairs:)

M3 said...

LOVE that new blog title. Yes, yes, yes!!!

Anna said...

Wonderful pictures of Katie Starr. I am eagerly awaiting following your journey in China and beyond!

Monica said...

Wow! Almost there & I can't wait to follow along on this trip to see you with Ethan. Katie Starr will be great, she will still be the Starr as the only girl with 2 brothers.

Love the idea for the new name, but somehow I don't think you are quite ready for the Depends...yet ;)

Tammie said...

I'm glad to see you back in Blog Land my friend!

I just love the double stroller. I can't wait to see Katie Starr & Ethan in it together. I can only imagine how cute they're going to be together - after they figure things out that it.

I'm voting for Three & 2 High Chairs personally. Neither Marc nor you are ready for Depends. You have too much zest for life!

dawn said...

I double dare you!

Dear lord I know we havent seen each other in forever but I nearly fell over when I saw how big your Starr has grown. Yikes.

How exciting to be at the point of putting together double strollers and such.

Kelley said...

Diapers and Depends is NOT going to work for a blog title for you--but how funny! I'm excited for you all as you get ready to travel! What a beauty Katie Starr is! (It seems like just yesterday you were getting ready to travel to get her, and I was hanging on to every blog posting!)

Vivian M said...

Actually Depends might be a good idea in China, those squatty potties scare me! ;op
Love the idea of a new blog name, I think Tammie's idea is cute, Three and Two highchairs. Or Three and a Double stroller!
Katie looks so much taller! Have I been gone that long?

Brownie Troop 157 said...

You have me tearing up and laughing all in one post! For me, Seeing that stroller with Miss Starr in one side and the other empty is akin to walking into the hotel room in china and seeing the crib. Don't ask me why, but there you go.

Whatever you choose for the blog name, I'm sure it will be great. Can't wait to follow your journey.

Kind regards,

Carol and Taylor

Anonymous said...

That is cute

Judy said...

Funny blog name but you guys are no were near the depends stage. I love the double stroller. Katie looks precious as always. I look forward to our girls playing again someday and meeting Ethan. I will be thinking about you guys on the 29th. Congrats and best wishes for a smooth trip.

Judy