Monday, May 19, 2008

Adult Evening Out

Last evening we attended Marc's cousin, Gabrielle's wedding. It was a wonderful time and not simply because it was a beautiful wedding but mostly because I had a romantic evening ALONE (translation: NO DYNAMIC DUO) with my husband. When it is just he and I it is always absolutely, positively wonderful. We have so much fun together and it brings me right back to how all of this got started in the first place. Just the two of us. Having the kidlets is a beautiful thing but we are the foundation for our family so it is always great when that foundation is strengthened. The day in and day out grind of caring for the dynamic duo and all the Ethan's therapies has definitely taken a toll on us...

Note to self: Make arrangements to get out more often and just be a couple....immediately!!!

8 comments:

JO said...

first

JO said...

where is my shout out, no love for watching your two wonderful children (sarcasm)

Tammie said...

Uh. Sorry Justin. As the older brother, your job is to watch the Dynamic Duo when your mom & Marc go out. How else will they learn all the tricks you have to share!? ;-)

Lori, I'm glad to hear that you a nice romantic evening out with Marc. It's so important for us to remember what it's like just being a couple. Now if David & I could figure that out, things could get interesting. BTW, why are there no pics!? We'd love to see you guys all dolled up.

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

As the mom of 5(!) of which 3 are under age 6...I must say..you are absolutely right. Scott and I go out every Friday night without fail. You just have to make it part of the plan! Hope you guys get to do this again soon!! It makes you better parents!! and keeps you connected w/your spouse!And our sitters are 99%of the time our older kids (hint, hint)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Cissy:

You know that I forwarded that one to Justin..LOL

Vivian M said...

Here is a shout out to Justin for watching the duo so you all could have adult fun!
And an offer, I need a babysitter, HA HA!

Angel said...

Oh how I miss those adult evenings! I had forgotten how freeing it was to have older children who could stay by themselves.

I need to get out... soon!

Kathryn said...

Very important to make that adult time. We try and plan a evening away every couple of months just to get away. It's good for the soulsjxkuktm