Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day!

A huge hug to all of my friends who are moms and mostly to my friends and bloggy friends who are expectant waiting..and waiting...and waiting moms! I thought of about you a great deal today. You all inspire me with your strength and fortitude. Your devotion to your children is nothing short of miraculous. Someday, your precious children will know of the determination it took to see this wait through to it's glorious end and new beginning. Whether it be your first child or a sibling for one already in your family, your new beginning is coming and I cannot wait to celebrate along with you.

I never take my children for granted or realize the miracle that they are in our lives. It is not always easy to be a parent. In fact it is the most difficult job I have ever had if you take it as seriously as I do but there is nothing I have found as fulfilling. I also love having a day that brings me full circle in celebrating having a loving mother and mother in law as well as celebrating that I am lucky enough to be a mother to one adult child and our dynamic duo.

I will not be long winded about what we did to celebrate the day; suffice it to say that as always it was memorable. Here are some photos from my Mother's Day breakfast at Katie's preschool and the brunch that I held for our folks at home.


With love,


Lori

Mom to three amazing children (one Big and two littles)



Mother's Day Breakfast with my girl

Katie's friend Jolie and her mom Lisa

Katie's friend Alex with her Mama

Marc's Mom and My mom opening their Mother's Day gift - A Shutterfly book that I create each year for them of the kiddos

Into the pool again..it was 90 + degrees here today...oy!

A close look at our mischief man

My jumping bean

still jumping...

precious Katie Starr

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori! Hope it was a wonderful day for all of you. Two Mother's Days ago we had such a memorable day. Who would have thought the Nestea plunge sweetheart would turn into a non-stop jumping bean (it must be the age, Libby jumps all.the.time. It makes me tired just watching her!)? Big hugs to you all. We miss ya!

M3 said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Love the jumping pics, just love them.

Tammie said...

Five years ago I was lucky enough to celebrate my first Mother's Day. We had gotten our referral on April 1st. David & my family all gave me cards, my niece gave me flowers & David humbled me by giving me a Swarovski panda mama & baby. It was the first, but certainly not the last time since 1985 that I celebrated the day.

I believe that you totally right. Never take for granted the love of a child or your parents.

Not only do you have amazing children, but they have an amazing mom.

Kathryn said...

Happy Mother's Day. You have a beautiful family!!!!!!

Vivian M said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori!

Candy said...

I just love the pics of Katie jumping. Her hair actually shows the motion, which is real cool. Happy Mother's Day!