Saturday, July 26, 2008

A little work and hopefully a lot of play!

Tomorrow we are off to the Century 21 Florida State Convention. It is actually the second largest Century 21 convention in the world only second to the International one. It always takes place on beautiful Marco Island, Florida. I play a part in running the convention, so there is work involved for me and Marc is the entertainer and emcee for the convention so he is really tied up. We asked Judy (our future DIL) to come with us and help us with the kiddos. At the time she was not working while waiting for the school year to start as she was waiting for her first teaching job to begin. Well, it just so happens that the county job fair for teachers falls smack dab in the middle of the convention. Judy called me and told me about the scheduling conflict and then made me the following offer:

Why don't Justin and I come and stay at the house and watch the children there for you while you are at the convention?

I hesitated (I must be temporarily insane due to being around two 3 year olds too much) and told her that I needed to speak to Marc. I called him and asked him what he thought. He said......."OF COURSE!!!! Why would you even hesitate?!? Take them up on their offer. Justin has lived with them up until about 3 weeks ago. He knows them as well as we do and they adore him and we can be alone... NO CHILDREN!"

We also received an extra room night for free and when I told J & J about that they insisted that we use it and enjoy ourselves.

Can you believe it....Marc and I are going to be alone and you know what? I am gonna enjoy every minute of it :)

Be back in a few days......Ciao!!

5 comments:

Candy said...

Have a Wonderful time. Enjoy your time with Marc. You both deserve the time to yourselves. I'm sure Katie & Ethan will be fine with their "Big" Brother and future SIL. Have Fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Unknown said...

WOW! I can't even remember the last time I was without children- oh wait- it was in May of 2006. I hope you and Marc have a wonderful time on your mini working vacation!
Have fun!

Vivian M said...

Enjoy your trip and try not to call and check up on the kids too often!

Tammie said...

Judy truly is a sweetheart. How nice that she offered to keep the DD so you & Marc could have some time alone.

You'll have to tell me what it's like to go off for a few days without children. I can't even begin to imagine when Erin will be able to handle that!

RamblingMother said...

See I think the same as your hubby, of course let someone else take the kids and have a bit of no kid convention time. No hesitation there.