Monday, October 13, 2008

Weighing In


If you are a regular reader of this blog then you know that about 3 weeks ago I started a new weight loss regimen (I refuse to use the word diet, it makes me feel deprived). The first week ended with a very paltry loss of 1/2 lb. That's right; I could not believe it either. I chalked it up to the fact that my body must be shocked and revolting against the lack of "fun food" it was receiving. I stayed on program and the second week ended with the same result. OK, let me tell you, I was one unhappy camper but with the support of my fellow weight loss bloggers on our new blog, I am happy to report that I stayed the course and my third week brought an additional 2 lbs. Still not amazing, but better.

It just goes to show you that as we get older the body really holds onto those pounds. My metabolism ain't what it used to be so this week I started a commitment to walking and exercise. I started Sunday and it felt wonderful. I made a commitment to myself to find three days a week to work out and hope to build up from there.

Part of my strategy with this diet is accountability. I am accountable on my weight loss blog and accountable on this one as well.

Oh and BTW, We have 12 people signed up on the weight loss blog. If you would like to join us please leave your e-mail address in the comments section and I will invite you in. Don't be shy, we would love to have you blog away the pounds with us :)

5 comments:

missy said...

Way to go, Lori!!! Persistence pays off...too bad I am not persistent : ) Keep up the great work and I will live vicariously through you and will hopefully become inspired to shed my own extra pounds.

GO GIRL!

Vivian M said...

You are doing great and living healthy, which is what really counts!

Kelley said...

Sounds great to me! And I'd love an invitation, if you don't mind! kapow1969@yahoo.com. THANKS!!!

Tammie said...

I think you're doing great. As for the walking, can you put in some time for me?

Gail said...

Congrats Lori! I also think you're doing extremely well. Losing weight is hard, you have a great attitude and that's a big part of it.