Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I think I may need a sock intervention!

Today, while I was organizing the DD's sock drawer, it occurred to me that I may have a problem with acquiring a few too many socks for them. What do you think? Do I have a children's sock addiction?


Just for the record, the DD share a room and a sock drawer for now. As you can see, it is somewhat evenly divided between Ethan on the left and Katie Starr on the right. Of course, girls need more socks than boys!! The bags to the right side of the drawer is girl and boy socks that have been outgrown and I will Freecycle. The socks below the drawer are missing their mates somewhere within the deepest recesses of the dryer. At least that is my best guess.

They say that admitting the problem is the first step towards recovery, right?

9 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

You are too funny!!!

Unknown said...

Before we even left for China, Caroline had 98 outfits in her closet between hand me downs, shower gifts, and (ahem) my own shopping trips.

Wanda said...

Ahem....what problem....huh?
:)

Mary McG in TN said...

I always thought that the sock were lost in the washer. I stand corrected. LOL

Hope all is well with Marc! Do you have any definite dates?

Gail said...

Hmmm...also don't see a sock problem here. Guess I might need an intervention too! ;)

Lesa said...

Lori, I have that problem and I just have Wendy right now, but We have started collecting them for Evan. ha

Anonymous said...

FWIW: I too am incapable of keeping socks together. My solution? I bought from The Container Store a storage bin that is supposed to be used for christmas tree bulbs. I repurposed it for holding socks and underwear. Each square holds two pairs of *socks/underwear for a total of 16 pairs. Unlike other drawer organization "solutions" that snap together in a diamond pattern and don't have a bottm this container does have a bottom and can be removed from the drawer and taken to sorting/folding laundry area.
*adult socks and underwear i bet with kids undergarments you can fit in a bit more.

Tammie said...

I decided a long time ago that unless the socks were special (i.e., Jolene's socks), I would only buy the same socks over & over again. See? No missing socks! At least none that I'll admit to. ;-)

Vivian M said...

I have a missing sock drawer, where they await their mate. It keeps growing bigger.