Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update - Our 24 pound daughter's germs pack a powerful punch

Miss Katie is on the mend and is doing much better than she was 2 days ago. The men in her life on the other hand cannot say the same. Last evening after falling asleep I was awakened by the sound of Marc getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom. Marc never leaves our bed to go to the bathroom (I cannot say the same for myself :) so I knew that something was wrong. I got up after a few minutes and knocked on the door and did not hear anything. I walked in and found him laying on the floor. He was so sick that he could not even make it back to the bed. I helped him up and as we were walking back to the bed I heard the sound of retching from the other bathroom down the hall. Both of my guys were sick as dogs :( This went on all night and I mean all night. I was back and forth between them and checking on Katie the entire night. It was horrible!!!

Now it is 10:00 PM almost 24 hours later and Marc is on the mend but Justin is still very sick. Please send out all of your good thoughts and energy if you will so that we have a calmer evening than last night and that he gets some rest.

All they could say today was that they could not believe that little girl could make them sick enough to bring them to their knees.

7 comments:

Beckyb said...

Oh my word - this bug sounds horrible!! Hang in there - I do hope it is gone SOON!!!

Steffie B. said...

Sending prayers your way! ;)

M3 said...

Oh man, sounds awful! Ugh, ugh, ugh. Sending good thoughts and TONS of sympathy.

njdental said...

Dear family I am so glad to hear that everyone is feeling so much better. I was ready to send over a pot of grandman "s chicken soup, not the one in a can, but the one that bubbie's used to cook. Katie gets an A+ in sharing 101. She demonstrated her skills in learning how to share. Thank god uncle howard missed that get together
love uncle howard

Tammie said...

Poor Marc & Justin! My heart goes out to your guys. I'm so proud that Katie Starr knows how to share so nicely. Now we have to teach her that some things aren't to be shared!

It sure sounds like your family is being dragged around with this tummy bug.

Hope you're all feeling better soon!

dawn said...

Lori....be careful. The men in your life might want to share with you!

Sending the "feel better vibes"

Love us

Nikki said...

Oh yes, cute little girls are serious carriers. I remember when my niece was a baby she brought the ENTIRE FAMILY DOWN LIKE FALLING DOMINOS!
Hope your guys are back to 100% soon.